Page content 1 Vermox: principle of action 2 Composition, form of 3 Indications 4 Contraindications 5 Application ...
Vinpocetine - instructions for use and reviews of the drug
Contents of the page
- 1 Composition
- 2 Action of the drug
- 3 Pharmacokinetics
- 4 Instructions for use Vinpocetine
- 5 Price
- 6 Indications
- 7 Analogues
- 8 Feedback on the application of
Vinpocetine is a drug that corrects the circulatory disturbance in the vessels of the brain. The preparation is obtained by synthesis from vinokamine - it is an alkaloid of a medicinal plant of Barvinok.
Vinpocetine was first obtained from this plant in 1975 by a Hungarian chemist named Xaba Szantai. Already synthetic medicine began to be produced in 1978 by a Hungarian company under the name Gedeon Rihter.
Vinpocetine acry :
- Active ingredient: Vinpocetine( Vinpocetinum).
- Product: tableted, packaging No. 50.
- Dosage of the drug: 5 milligrams.
Ingredients: one tablet contains 5 milligrams of vinpocetine;additional components: potato starch - 64.3 milligrams, magnesium stearate - 2.4 milligrams, lactose monohydrate - 171.9 milligram
- Active ingredient: Vinpocetine.
- Product: tableted, packaging No. 10, No. 30 and No. 50.
- Dosage of the drug: 10 milligrams of vinpocetine in one tablet.
Composition: vinpocetine - 10 mg;additional components: calcium phosphate, milk sugar, kollidon 25, magnesium stearate, kollidon.
Vinpocetine belongs to many groups, among them the main ones are: psychostimulants, drugs for the treatment of hyperreactive syndrome, drugs for attention deficit therapy, nootropics, drugs for the therapy of neurological disorders and diseases.
Action of the preparation
The action of Vinpocetine is based on its ability to inhibit the phosphodiesterase enzyme. As a result, the activity of the latter decreases, which leads to the accumulation of cAMP in the tissues of the body. As a result, the cerebral vessels expand( the process is called vasodilation).
- Vasodilating action - the preparation has an exceptional tropism to the cerebral vessels, therefore, the peripheral arteries do not expand.
- Spasmolytic action - Vinpocetine is a myotropic and is able to relieve the symptoms of spasm.
- Minor reduction in systemic blood pressure.
- Improvement of blood circulation in the microcirculatory bed of the brain.
- Reduces aggregation( adhesion) of platelets.
- Normalization of the rheological properties of blood( maintenance of blood coagulability, normalization of the number of elements and rheology of plasma).
- Promotes the delivery of oxygen to the tissues - this is due to the enhancement of glucose uptake. As a result, metabolic processes increase their activity, red blood cells lose their affinity with oxygen. These processes improve the resistance of body tissues to hypoxia phenomena.
- Increases the amount of adrenaline and norepinephrine in the body.
If ingestion of the drug is oral( oral), then Vinpocetine is very rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum concentration in the blood drug reaches after 60 minutes.
For parenteral administration of Vinpocetine( injection), the elimination half-life is 5 hours.
Instructions for use Vinpocetine
Before starting the use of the drug, you should always consult your doctor. To minimize side effects, and to avoid overdose, instructions for the use of Vinpocetine will help. The insert can be found in each package, which will detail the scheme of application of the drug and the permissible dosages.
Recommended mode of taking the drug: tablets are taken orally( orally) for 1 table.3 times a day. Take medication after the main meal.
For therapeutic purposes in the acute period, the recommended dosage is 30 milligrams of Vinpocetin per day( 10 mg of the drug 3 times a day).With the purpose of maintenance therapy, the dose is 5 milligrams 3 times a day. Duration of treatment is at least two months and lasts up to three months. The course of treatment can be extended by the decision of a neurologist.
Courses can be repeated, but no more than 2 - 3 times in 12 months.
The maximum daily dose of Vinpocetine is 30 milligrams.
The medication regimen for liver and renal diseases corresponds to the usual dosage. During the withdrawal of the drug, you need to gradually reduce the daily dose, so as not to cause the so-called "withdrawal syndrome".
If a drug is prescribed by a neurologist in the form of injections, a single dose of administration of the solution is 20 milligrams of Vinpocetin. In case the tolerance of the drug is good, it is possible to increase the single dose a little. Do this as follows: for the first 3-4 days, add 20 mg, then increase the dosage by 1 mg per kg of body weight of the patient. The duration of therapy with nicks is up to 14 days.
Medication Vinpocetine in tableted form costs within 200 rubles - Vinpocetin forte table.10 mg, No. 30, and the order of 100 rubles - Vinpocetine acry tablets.5 mg of No. 50.- at a price of 60 rubles
Injectable form of Vinpocetine is represented by a 0.5% solution of 2 ml in ampoules. The price for a package containing 10 pcs.of the drug is from 50 rubles and more.
In many ways, the price depends on the brand of the manufacturer, the amount of the drug and the dosage.
Indications for use
Among the diseases that require the intake of Vinpocetin, the following are distinguished:
- Acute and chronic circulatory insufficiency in the vessels of the brain( ischemia transient, stroke, post-stroke condition, post-traumatic encephalopathy).
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy( often accompanied by such symptoms as: severe headaches, migraine, dizziness, memory loss - amnesia).
- Stroke is ischemic in the recovery stage( for prevention and rehabilitation).
- Stroke hemorrhagic in recovery stage. TIA - transient ischemic attack.
- Dementia, which develops as a result of numerous heart attacks( dementia).
- Any diseases of the choroid of the eye.
- Atherosclerotic lesion of retinal vessels.
- Angiospasm of the vessels of the retina or choroid of the eye.
- Vascular thrombosis of the eye.
- Secondary glaucoma( increased intraocular pressure).
- Obturation or narrowing of the lumen of the vessels of the eye.
- Degenerative lesion of the eye.
- Meniere's disease.
- Hearing impairments resulting from the lesion of the internal labyrinth( frequent dizziness in the background of this disease).
- Hearing disorders that are caused by exposure to toxic substances or medicines.
- Age-related changes and vascular hearing impairment.
- Vegetosovascular dystonia( VDD).
- Disturbances in the autonomic nervous system against a climacteric syndrome in women.
Contraindications to the use of
Before starting therapy, it is necessary to take into account the state of health and possible contraindications. The most important thing in the treatment of any violations is the fight against the risk to health. Among diseases and conditions that are not compatible with the drug Vinpocetine, the following should be distinguished:
- Hypersensitivity and the possibility of an allergic reaction to the components of Vinpocetine( careful collection of anamnesis before prescribing the drug).
- ischemic heart disease( ischemic heart disease) in the severe stage.
- Any arrhythmias.
- The first time after a hemorrhagic stroke.
- Lactation period( breast-feeding).
- Increased intracranial pressure.
Side effects of
It is very important to familiarize yourself with such reactions before starting the use of the drug. Among the side effects should be identified as follows:
- From the heart system can be observed: rapid heart rate( tachycardia), hypotension( lowering blood pressure).Conductivity between the ventricles of the heart slows down, a disruption of the normal functioning of the contractile mechanism.
The electrocardiogram will have the following changes: an increase in the QT interval, the ST segment will lie below the isoline( segment depression).
External manifestations: skin hyperemia( mostly faces - it is red and hot to the touch).When injecting a drug, thrombophlebitis may develop at the site of the injection.
- From the side of the central nervous system: frequent migraines are observed, dizziness, weakness are possible. Very often there are violations of sleep: it can manifest as insomnia or, conversely, drowsiness. Some patients may note the appearance of pain in the lumbar region.
- On the part of the digestive system: nausea, rarely vomiting, debilitating heartburn, belching, dry mouth.
- From the side of exocrine glands: activation of sweat glands is possible, which is manifested by excessive sweating.
- Development of an allergic reaction to the constituent components of the drug.
Media of the preparations that are similar in mechanism of action and effect with Vinpocetine should be distinguished as follows:
- CAVINTON - is available in tablet form and as a concentrate( for the preparation of infusion solution).The cost of the drug is an average of 250 rubles and more.
- BRAWINTON - form of release: tablets and concentrate.
- VINPOCETIN-SAR is a tablet form and concentrate for the preparation of a solution.
- VINPOCETINE-ESCOM - tablets and concentrate.
Cavinton or Vinpocetine - which one is safer?
Quite a fair question for many patients - what is better: Vinpocetine or Cavinton? In terms of the best, one should consider the medicine that is less safe for health.
Initially, it was believed that both drugs are identical in all, but it is not. Although these drugs contain the same active substance( the dosage is also no different), but they have different effects on the body in terms of toxic effects. For example, Cavinton during the synthesis of the active substance undergoes a complex process of cleaning the alkaloid, which makes it less safe for the patient's health. That's why neuropathologists prefer this drug. It is much more expensive than Vinpocetin( almost three times).
Interaction with other drugs
- In the case of concomitant administration of Vinpocetine with Warfarin, the therapeutic effect of the last drug is weakened.
- If you combine injections of Vinpocetine and Heparin, the risk of internal bleeding increases.
- It is proved that Vinpocetine is able to enhance the effect of some antihypertensive drugs. Therefore, it should be used with caution in conjunction with beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors and diuretics.
In case of consuming a large amount of medicinal product( more than 30 mg per day) it is recommended to immediately wash the stomach with a physical solution.
After this, it is necessary to take activated charcoal to absorb the drug from the walls of the stomach. It is advisable to see a doctor for further symptomatic treatment. Special instructions for the use of Vinpocetine
Caution is advised to take the drug with patients with concomitant diseases:
- unstable arterial hypertension;
- decreased vascular wall tone;
- and impaired myocardial conductivity( arrhythmia).
Is it possible to take the medicine to children?
In addition to all of the above indications, the use of Vinpocetin for children is also shown. Most often, such neurological disorders as:
- perinatal lesions of the central nervous system;
- sharp hearing loss;
- treatment of eye disease of vascular origin;
- epilepsy therapy, etc.
Vinpocetine belongs to the drugs of list B. Store the package in a dry place, away from direct sunlight. The optimum air temperature should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius.
Shelf life is 5 years.
In conclusion of the article, it will be advisable to provide a few reviews of patients who have already experienced the action of Vinpocetine on themselves.
Feedback on the application of
Became taking Vinpocetine on the advice of a neuropathologist. The drug was taken immediately when neurological disorders were detected. I can not say exactly what the effect came from Vinpocetin, since Trental took a parallel. Dosage was prescribed to me not the maximum - 20 mg / day( 10 mg twice a day).
Igor, 41 years old - Perm
Review No. 2
The doctor prescribed treatment with Vinpocetine in ampoules. When 1 ampoule was injected, a 0.5% solution in a volume of 2 ml did not notice a visible effect. The doctor corrected the dosage a little, as a result, two ampoules of the drug( in the morning and in the evening) were stabbed a day.
Finally came the long-awaited effect, and also improved vision( see the new effective drug for eye Oco-plus - HTTP: //GLAVVRACH.COM/ OKO-PLYUS /).Much better than other nootropics, as it does not cause excitement( you had to take sedative medications in parallel).
Review No. 3
I myself do not complain about high blood pressure, but even, on the contrary, I suffer from low rates. But her wife suffers from hypertension, and poorly controlled. This problem arose quite recently, but brought a lot of trouble. Turning to a doctor, she was prescribed a medicine Vinpocetin. In order to quickly cope with the problem, we immediately purchased tablets of 10 milligram dosage, 50 pieces per pack. It is worth the medicine is not too expensive( about 200 rubles).The way of application does not give complexity: three times a day after meals. The course of treatment was slightly more than one month.
Among the doctor's instructions were these: you can not drink alcohol while taking medication. My wife drives a car, and so I inquired about the effect of the drug on driving. It turned out that it is very much for motorists. In the instruction there were many contraindications and side effects, but the wife did not have any.
As a result, the drug helped, we already take the drug for about two weeks and the effect is palpable. We hope that in the future the picture will not deteriorate. Thank the doctor.
Gennady Igorevich, 48 years - Moscow
Review No. 4
With the preparation Vinpocetin first met when he was assigned to my father. He was found to have the presence of senile deafness, and the ENT doctor advised the drug to improve the blood circulation of the brain and the labyrinth. The doctor prescribed a treatment regimen that included intravenous injections of a 0.5% solution of Vinpocetine. After the course of infusion therapy switched to a tablet form.
Before prescribing the medicine, the doctor warned us about possible side effects( increased blood pressure).Unfortunately, my father began to jump pressure. If before the numbers were 140/90 mm Hg. After receiving Vinpocetine, the figures began to increase noticeably( up to 180/100 mm Hg).
As a result, we stopped the course of treatment with Vinpocetine, and instead we received another medication. But still I want to note that Vinpocetin has given a positive effect, albeit short-lived. It's just that my father did not come.
Вика, 29 years - St. Petersburg