Stroke - acute violation of the blood circulation of the brain. Blood clots, vascular ruptures provoke disturbances in speech, motor functions, ...
Medications for prevention, relief of seizures and treatment of stroke
Stroke is the most common cause of disability of patients and their death in the population after cardiovascular disease.
Salvage depends on the risk group to which a person relates and timely medical attention.
Strokes are divided into two main and wire types:
- is ischemic.
The tactics of treating these two strokes are completely different. Hemorrhagic( hemo-blood, rugia-pour out) stroke is a hemorrhage from the vessels of the brain into a free space with the formation of a hematoma. The entire brain is permeated with blood vessels and a hemorrhage can occur in absolutely any area of it and the chance to survive will depend on the place of hematoma formation, for example, in case of a hemorrhage into the brain stem - it is impossible to save a person.
Ischemic stroke occurs due to the death of nerve fibers due to lack of blood supply. To the ischemia may result in a thrombus, stuck and blocked the lumen of the artery, thereby interfering with the delivery of oxygen
Drugs for the prevention of
The cause of hemorrhagic stroke in most cases is high blood pressure and malformation of the arterial wall of the brain. To reduce pressure, use antianginal drugs under the control of a cardiologist, these include:
To accept them it is necessary on a special scheme, which the doctor thinks out individually, because long and wrong reception of this group of drugs has strong side effects.
Vascular malformation is a change and deformation of their walls, as a consequence of atherosclerosis. Over time, it thins the vessel and, with a slight increase in pressure, its wall bursts and a hemorrhage occurs.
Ischemic stroke is warned very differently, since the cause can only serve as a thrombus in the vessel, then for its prevention a group of drugs called thrombolytics is used.
For the prevention use Warfarin because it has a prolonged prolonged action and interacts well with the body without affecting hemostasis. Previously used to dilute blood - Aspirin. But recently it was decided to abandon it, because it causes fatty degeneration of the liver, which subsequently leads to encephalopathy. This medical "phenomenon" is now known as the Reye syndrome.
Thrombolytics act on the coagulating system of blood liquefying thrombi. For a normal effect, warfarin should be eaten for at least a week.
Do not forget about the rejection of habits that contribute to any type of stroke:
- long-term intake of alcohol;
- eating unhealthy food.
First aid preparations
Suspecting a stroke in a person - it is forbidden to give him the necessary medications independently. Because the special help will depend on the type of stroke, and this diagnosis is able to clarify only magnetic resonance imaging.
When an ambulance team arrives or is provided with medical care in an intensive care hospital in a hospital, the drugs will be administered depending on the stroke.
In case of hemorrhagic stroke with an attack and immediately after it, resuscitators use the drugs of the following groups:
- When the hematoma forms, it begins to press on the brain areas and thus the edema of the meninges is formed. Intracranial pressure rises and the brain begins to wedge into the large opening( anatomical formation in the skull where the brain smoothly passes into the dorsal).This complication is dangerous because in the brain stem are vital centers - breathing and palpitations. If you do not remove the edema, then the person most often dies from it. Most often, osmotic diuretics are used. Acting on the tubules of nephrons, they intensify diuresis in the kidneys themselves, thereby removing edema.
- Nootropic drugs affect the cognitive and intellectual abilities of the brain. This is due to the fact that they act on neurons - reducing their need for oxygen, and also improving their blood supply. This group of drugs was originally developed for combination therapy in the fight against Alzheimer's disease, but in the 90s, scientists determined how they acted and started to use to help patients with strokes. The drugs were so strong that they reduced the death rate from stroke by 40%, and the chance to fully recover by 35%.
- Hemostatics can stop bleeding without the formation of blood clots. In other words, these substances are used for any internal bleeding.
- blood substitutes are needed to maintain the body's internal consistency. Since, the reception of diuretics will intensify diuresis, which will help to remove valuable vitamins and microelements from the body and break the hemostasis.
In the acute period of ischemic stroke, a group of diuretics, blood substitutes, nootropic drugs are also used for treatment, but they are added here:
- thrombolytics allow to dissolve the formed thrombus to normalize blood circulation. This group of drugs is leading in the treatment of ischemic stroke. They are not in any way not administered in cases of hemorrhagic, since they reduce the clotting functions of blood, thereby increasing bleeding.
- After the "elimination" of the thrombus, it is necessary to restore the work of the neurons. This will help drugs that affect the tissue exchange of .They are able to strengthen the work of neurons and save a significant part of them after an ischemic attack.
Drugs used to treat stroke
Specific drugs used to treat stroke by modern medics:
- Among osmotic diuretics, is preferred for Furasemide .The drug is proven by time and experience. However, due to the increased diuresis, it flushes potassium from the body. Therefore, along with its reception, also potassium preparations are given to patients, for example, Asparcum .
- Piracetam - is the progenitor of all nootropics and acts safely on the body. He is led through a dropper on an isotonic solution or 10% glucose. He justifies his action for about twenty years.
- Aminocaproic acid belongs to the haemostatic group and is a first-line preparation. She is supplied with any ambulance. The drug is very strong and can stop even gastric bleeding.
- Among blood substitutes in the intensive care unit use Reopoliglyukin. It contains in addition to synthetic plasma still proteins and fats, which brings its composition closer to real human blood. At this stage of development of medicine in case of massive blood loss, Reopoliglyukin is the drug of choice.
- Thrombolytics, have the ability to dissolve filaments of fibrin, thereby dissolve thrombus. Natural thrombolytic is Heparin , which is actively used for pulmonary embolism( pulmonary embolism) and in other cases of thrombosis. It is released in its pure form and is used to treat ischemic stroke in an acute period.
- Drugs affecting tissue metabolism, can enhance the activity of the membrane of neurons and even in the case of prolonged hypoxia - restore their function. Riboxin - often used in cases of ischemic stroke, by activating the ribosomes it restores the function of the neuron.
Recovery after a stroke usually involves taking medication that is taken for treatment and that has been presented earlier.
Often at the base of rehabilitation, doctors include only the use of nootropic drugs. Because they are ideal for restoring a person's intellectual abilities.
In addition to nootropic drugs, scientists have recently discovered a substance whose effect is compared to an atomic bomb, but it also acts on the brain. It was called Omega-3.It is extracted from fish oil in its pure form.
Scientists from the United States of America conducted an experiment on children who lagged behind in development, as a rule they were thick dveshniki not wishing to teach, but only watch TV for days on end. After a week of reception, the child began to read books, and he did not want to watch TV at all.
After two months of admission, children became intellectually superior to their peers. In addition, they began to monitor their physical health, and those who had heart problems - they did not make themselves felt.
So, nootropic remedies are used for rehabilitation after a stroke, they are of the following groups:
- , the acetylcholine - Oxyracetam, Pyracetam, Nootropilum, Pyramid;
- precursors of acetylcholine - Gamalon, Apogamma, Gammar.
These drugs are actively used to restore patients with stroke.
Our choice of
We have compiled TOP medicines recommended by modern physicians for strokes and post-stroke states:
- diuretics - Cyclomethiazide, Oxodolin, Furosemide, Bufonox, clopamid, ethacrynic acid;
- hemostatics - Amben, Fibrinogen, Decylate, Thrombin, aminocaproic acid;
- blood substitutes - Reopoliglyukin, Rheozodex, Rondex;
- nootropic preparations - Piracetam, Aminalon, Phenibut, Pantogam, Acefen;
- thrombolytics - Heparin, Frakssiparin, Phenilin.
For preventive purposes, antihypertensives of the following groups are used:
- affecting the vasomotor centers of the brain - Clopheline, Methyldofa, Urapidil, Guangfaxin;
- sympatholytic agents - Octadine, Roserpine, Raunatin;
- drugs that have an effect on the angiotensin system - Captopril, Ramipril, Metiapril.
For rehabilitation purposes, nootropics are used, which are provided in the section above.
The success of therapy and rehabilitation after a stroke depends not only on medications, but also on the patient's mood, and his attitude towards his health. Remember that your loved one needs support and belief in recovery, and already on the second place will be any drugs!