Paralysis in medicine is the complete loss of a muscle group from motor activity. There are two types: spastic( central) and flaccid( peripheral...
What are stereotypes and how to be, if obsessive actions and movements are tormented
Stereotypy( stereotypical actions and compulsive movements) is a constant causeless reproduction of phrases, words, actions, available in the disorder of autistic spectrum, sensory deprivation, mental retardation.
The impact of stereotyping can be simple, such as swinging from one side to the other, and more complicated, like marching in place with constant repetition. There are several versions of the origin of the disease. There are also several methods of its treatment.
What provokes the manifestation of obsession
The first signs of the disease manifest themselves in early childhood in frequent seizures. The manifestation of the problem most often occurs in cases of anxiety, fear, anxiety.
The manifestation of stereotypy in children is part of the development of the baby itself and its control of one's own movements, even in the process of relieving tension and calming, obsessive states with neurosis, with a lack of concentration and experience
Obstructive movement syndrome and stereotypical actions can cause mental disorders, malfunctions in the CNS, they also occur in autistic disorders.
List of diseases that can cause the development of stereotypy:
- Rett syndrome;
- Tourette syndrome;
- obsessive-compulsive syndrome;
- Lesch-Neuhan syndrome;
- congenital absence of sight and hearing;
- mental underdevelopment.
How does it look from the outside?
Stereotyped movements in healthy children and adults are manifested in the rapid search of fingers, a person can very often move and jerk, scratch his ears, lick, bite his lips.
In children, the syndrome also manifests itself in another way: by thrusting fingers in the mouth, turning the head in different directions, staggering in one place, twisting or pulling out the hair, the child strives to constantly break his head, nibble his nails.
Under normal circumstances, these symptoms occur with a certain age, approximately in the period from four to seven years, but it is not uncommon for cases when they occur in a period sufficiently mature for the child.
With such deviations, all the movements are longer and more abrupt. Such symptoms indicate a separate disease, which has a number of different causes.
Often the movements that are repeated intensify with strong nervous excitement, but can develop even in a state of complete relaxation.
Possible behavioral lines
Repeated and stereotypical actions and movements are manifested in several forms:
- Sensory-motor stereotypes - children constantly scratch their eyes, make revolutions in a circle, the child rocks, touches the walls, makes rhythmic sounds.
- Speech stereotypes are constantly repeating words and sentences.
- Motor stereotypes - running, swaying, clapping, swinging, finger flicks, wrong foot placement when walking.
- Emotional-affective manifestations of the syndrome are most often observed in children, they perform actions with parts of objects or components of a toy material - sand is poured from one place to another, unscrewing the wheels on toy cars, water is poured from place to place.
- Specific habits, rituals of .Children often do so that the doors are either constantly open or closed, wear the same clothes, follow the same route always, do not change the diet.
Stereotyping and behavior of the child in its presence.
. A child's social disadaptation occurs. Impossibility, oppression in a fit to feel their stereotypies causes problems in behavior.
This child has limited ability to adapt to the conditions of life, which are constantly changing.
Goals and approaches to therapy
To find out if a child has a disease, it is necessary to visit professional doctors in the field of psychology and neurology( preferably children's).All analyzes are carried out and the situations to which complaints are received are investigated.
In general, it is rather difficult to develop an acceptable approach to the treatment of stereotypy. The attending doctor will follow every ongoing stage of treatment, and in many ways recovery will depend on the disease that triggered the development of the syndrome.
If this is a pathological stereotype, then a major role is assigned to the educational and mental correction of the child, which will be aimed at developing communication and controlling oneself.
Great importance during the designation of a set of therapeutic measures have those deviations that coexist with stereotypy:
- no desire to listen and understand;
- problems with attention.
How is obsessive stereotyping corrected?
To correct the violation, the following methods are used:
- Substitution of - replacement of some stereotypical movements by other actions very similar in actions but completely safe. This method is effective in constant employment( study, active sport).
- Switching - attacks specifically stop, offer the patient a similar but more relaxed activity.
- The development of flexibility - new stereotypes appear that are gradually replaced, and act with the old ones - this changes the behavior, which gradually becomes softer, more stable and acclimatized. It is important that stereotypes do not disappear on their own. The road to their reduction and possible cure is a labor-intensive process, a gradual, slow-moving way to the development of crumbs, so that it will not be hampered by attacks in adaptation to public life.
- The interruption of is the custom, the rules of the child are replaced by quite different ones so that he can get used to the new obsessions and not be afraid of it. Although at first there will be hysterical protests and tantrums, but this should not be paid attention.
- Transformation is a very similar method with substitution, but all actions and meanings change. Implementation of any task not associated with the use of words - for example, collecting mosaics. Here, the observation of the child's actions comes to the fore, the task is selected, which corresponds to its development and level, possibilities.
- There is another good method - using anti-stress items and actions of : you can keep your hands in your pockets, clamp the clip.
It is important to understand that with stereotyping - not a sentence, you do not need to be afraid of it, you can and must fight it. In this case, there are many ways to correct: from the collection of a simple designer or mosaic to complex medical preparations.
But at the same time, do not forget that when there was a first success, then do not stop there, but you need to continue to fight the disease.
Therapy should be carried out in conjunction with a professional physician who will use basic and additional methods and treatments that will be particularly effective in each case.